Tuesday 12 February 2013

Hi Sec Miner Quitting Spree

It has been a bit since my last post, and while little has changed as far as the entire miner abuse and extortion scheme of Eve Online, there has been a rash of Hi Sec Miners simply quitting. As the developers are repeatedly making drives to expand their player base, it would make you wonder why? Hundreds of people quit monthly because of the abuse of players in hi sec, yet it has not occurred to the developers yet that there is more to the process than just getting new players. Keeping those new players should also be a part of the plan.

Of course, most of the players I have spoken to only had this to say 'Eve is an interesting game, but I don't understand why I would pay to be abused and harassed. I play online games to relax and have fun.'

Since I have been in Eve, I've personally witnessed more than 3,000 players quit because of the abuse and harassment of miners in Hi Sec. And of course, I've seen dozens of attempts by the developers to get more and more new players. Go figure, if they got the idea that keeping new players was smart, things might actually start to change. Although they do have big drives to get their longer term players to buy more and more accounts, and to spend more and more money on their credit cards to buy in game items including a bunch of vanity items.

Stay tuned for more in game reality news from the world of Extortion Online... oopps.... I meant Eve Online!

Till the next time, Fly Safe

No comments:

Post a Comment